Monday, October 3, 2011

Digital or Physical Books?

     This topic is one that is usually heavily debated. On one hand, digital books are generally cheaper and much more eco-friendly, but on the other, some can find a physical book comforting or even easier to follow. My opinion on the subject is somewhat mixed, because I do not believe that paper printed books should be completely eliminated by any means, and I do not believe that electronic devices should replace them entirely either. I believe that should be up to the individual. If someone prefers to curl up with a good solid book in hand instead of a kindle or ipad in its place, I say, "so be it". To be completely in favor of the elimination of physical or electronic books is unreasonable, and a waste of time, for the reason that neither could ever actually happen without intense argument and protest. My personal opinion is that everyone should be able to read in whatever format they choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment